The Student Affairs New Professional

Monday, January 15, 2007

Tryin' to Get Paid-Post 10

Post 10 from Tryin' to Get Paid

Mood: It's too damn cold...
Music: John Legend "Save Room"
How's Arsenal Doing?: 4th place in F.A. Premiership (23 fixtures played, 42 points)

It's been a while, but I've been on holiday. And, since today is MLK Day, I'm on holiday again. I should be the responsible person and spend my day thankful for the many blessings Dr. King gave me, my family, and my future children, but I have to spend much of my day digging out. We recieved 5 inches of snow on top of 1/4 inch of ice, so driving is pretty dangerous. You know, I have a colleague who's working at a campus in California, just 5 minutes away from the beach, and 30 minutes from L.A. I'm just 6 steps away from a 5 foot snowdrift...granted if I can take 6 steps in this snow. I've never been so jealous in my life.

Since the spring semester doesn't start for another two weeks, I've spent most of my time catching up on the ever-important paperwork and trying to find additional funding sources for my cultural organizations. Beyond that, I have never surfed the internet more in my life. In fact, I HATE the internet now, because there's nothing good out there except junk. But, I found the new car I want (2007 Nissan Altima with and intelligent-key remote start) and I know how long it will take to get it. Just another 8 month of eating mac and cheese, and I'll be rollin' in style...

Well, the internet beckons me for more useless searching...until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home